Author Topic: I too had some worrying stuff thrust through my door  (Read 5853 times)

Offline Winston Smith

I too had some worrying stuff thrust through my door
« on: April 17, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »

First off, thank you admin for doing the techy part of making this leaflet available  :)

This was pushed through my letterbox the other day, and I have to say it's got me a bit worried.

Can anyone tell me whether there is any truth in the allegations, or is it just rhetoric ?

Thanks.

*Image Removed*

Offline Alan Hayward

Re: I too had some worrying stuff thrust through my door
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »
Chris Shepherd is worth a shout again.

Top man. Shops in Asda in West Swindon so he must be serious about local politics.  ;)
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:22 PM »
?
Chris Shepherd is worth a shout again.

Top man. Shops in Asda in West Swindon so he must be serious about local politics.  ;)
?

I shop in Asda West Swindon - am I therefore included in the serious-about-local-politics category?

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »
I live in F&GP but I prefer to bypass Asda to visit the farmers market at the Outlet Village, and then pick up anything not available there from Sainsburys. Does that mean I'm not serious about local politics? Or does it just mean I think Sainsburys sucks slightly less than Asda, and that farmers markets beat them both hands down for low food miles and cheerful conversation?
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Alan Hayward

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 09:57:42 PM »
No "Asda Happy" Chris then.

I should have known that Mr Wakefield would get back in again...

I think you should stand at the next elections, Simon. On a pro-farmers' market/anti-Asda platform.
'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe

Dick Norman

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:03:23 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Steve Wakefield was re elected for one reason and one reason only - he looks after his ward and doesn't poke his nose in elsewhere whilst not doing so unlike some Labour Councillors I could name.

Offline Steps

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:14:32 PM »
I think you'll find it's not just Labour candidates that do this.  Michael Dickinson claimed to the councillor for FB & GP long before the election.  What a slap in the face to his electorate in Eastcott or Central or whereever he was councillor.  He's not fit to hold a public office.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »

Well, it has to be said that 49% of the voters of FG&GP seem to have given Mr Dickinson their approval and returned him with a clear majority of 483.

Whether his popularity as a councillor/candidate was decide by charisma or national party policies remains to be seen.

Offline Steps

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 03:50:43 PM »

Well, it has to be said that 49% of the voters of FG&GP seem to have given Mr Dickinson their approval and returned him with a clear majority of 483.

Whether his popularity as a councillor/candidate was decide by charisma or national party policies remains to be seen.

True, but I suspect that this is a case of people voting for the party and not the candidate.  His literature implied that he was already their councillor and therefore he was blatantly piggy backing ont he good work of the other members of his party in that ward.

I just hope that the people of FB &GP don't get short changed by him in the same way as the people of his old ward were.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »

I just hope that the people of FB &GP don't get short changed by him in the same way as the people of his old ward were.

I'm sure the good people of fb&gp, assisted by the sharp eyed members of Talkswindon will be putting Tricky Micky under scrutiny throughout his second term here.  :)

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Geoff, bump is this the one  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!