Elections > Swindon Council Elections 2007

Candidates

(1/1)

swindon lad:
Who's standing in this year's elections?
Candidate list for Abbey Meads ward:

Name: Ian Richard Carroll

Party: The Labour Party Candidate

Personal Statement:

Name: Richard Andrew Law

Party: Liberal Democrat

Personal Statement: The Liberal Democrat candidate for Abbey Meads is Richard Law. Richard is 29 and has lived in Swindon all his life. For the last five years Richard and his family have been living in Abbey Meads. Richard’s priorities for Abbey Meads include a Priory Vale Village Centre that is right for residents and to ensure the Lady Lane issue is resolved as soon as possible. Richard is keen for local pensioners to be allowed free bus travel, off peak, from 9am. Richard works as a manager and his hobbies include trampoline gymnastics.

Name: Peter Stoddart

Party: The Conservative Party Candidate

Personal Statement: I am extremely proud to have represented the growing Abbey Meads ward since 2000 with fellow Councillors Justin Tomlinson & Owen Lister. As a Councillor I have been instrumental in putting local residents first, whether communicating all year round, organising public meetings or taking a lead on local issues. In Abbey Meads the key issues in the last 12 months, I have delivered on are: Saving Junction 6a from closure Blunsdon Arms pub, instead of a McDonalds / KFC in Ash Brake Additional primary school places Supporting the ‘Save the Speedway’ campaign Tough action on developers who do not keep unadopted areas clean and tidy Public meeting to shape the Priory Vale village centre shops and pub Public meeting to tackle anti-social behaviour As a former accountant, I have used my financial experience to play a key part in ending the unacceptable Council Tax hikes. I support the Conservatives positive agenda for improving Swindon: Fair & affordable Council Tax – an end to the 42% hikes Two star and improving Council – no longer the worst in the UK New central library, on time and on budget Town centre regeneration Rising standards and new facilities in Education & Social Services Improving leisure and youth facilities Full weekly kerbside recycling for all homes in 07/08 Free graffiti removal service and cleaner streets Communicating (leaflets, door knocking, surgeries & website updates) with local residents all year round www.abbeymeadsintouch.com

Name: Richard James Uzzell

Party: Green Party

Personal Statement:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version