Author Topic: Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...  (Read 26228 times)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 05:06:46 PM »
I understand from comments that have been made that I'm not entitled to publish the results in full.

We're all rather intregued to know why...  :-\

My slight nark questionwith you is that you appear to be saying that you can divulge stuff on the phone which you can't do equally as well here. Why? I just don't get it. Not only would you be serving the interests of your own ward, but also that of the rest of your Lib Dem colleague's wards too.

Anyway - thanks for keeping engaged with us on this one (as far as you can?).

I've spoken to Martin as my local councillor and I'll post up what he told me when I get home later on.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 05:21:46 PM »
I understand from comments that have been made that I'm not entitled to publish the results in full.

We're all rather intregued to know why...  :-\

My slight nark questionwith you is that you appear to be saying that you can divulge stuff on the phone which you can't do equally as well here. Why? I just don't get it. Not only would you be serving the interests of your own ward, but also that of the rest of your Lib Dem colleague's wards too.

Anyway - thanks for keeping engaged with us on this one (as far as you can?).

I've spoken to Martin as my local councillor and I'll post up what he told me when I get home later on.

You're right.  I probably am not allowed even to share it on an individual basis.

I've tried to be helpful and to engage where others have not.  It's clearly not what people need so I shall follow the example of the other councillors and keep schtum until SBC is willing to make its statement on the results and/or recommendations (whichever come first).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:31:47 PM by DaveWood »

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
Dave - post doesn't even begin to diffuse the confusion really, do they? All these dark hints of 'verboten' words.  ???

I've spoken to Martin - and his words appeared quite clear. I told him that I'd do a rough write up of my understanding of what he was telling me - and he said he was fine with that. Why the reluctance of your behalf? All very mystifying! He said that you'd all seen the initial research conclusions from Halcro (the company assigned to assess the survey findings) - and that they had come up with five key findings which would be discussed at cabinet in July.

The main thrust of the findings were to leave the current arrangements pretty much as they are - but that things like looking at the possibility of freeing up a further potential 300 odd parking spaces were on the cards. The issue of bays had been looked at - but called into question as calculations revealed that marked out bays would actually diminish the available space if people were actually to bother to park effectively and efficiently.

Martin told me that the whole process looks to have been more drawn out than anyone wanted (a view with which I guess the rest of us would heartily concure - but at least that view would be tempered by the recognition that at least some sort of proper consulation had taken place)

We all apreciate that you're continuing to engage where others have chosen not to - but you keep repeating that you can't tell us anything further without saying why. If ther's just a procedural or legal reason, just tell us and we'll stop reading darker reasons into it!!! 

Can you understand why I'm having difficulty understanding what's going on here?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »
Dave - post doesn't even begin to diffuse the confusion really, do they? All these dark hints of 'verboten' words.  ???

I've spoken to Martin - and his words appeared quite clear. I told him that I'd do a rough write up of my understanding of what he was telling me - and he said he was fine with that. Why the reluctance of your behalf? All very mystifying! He said that you'd all seen the initial research conclusions from Halcro (the company assigned to assess the survey findings) - and that they had come up with five key findings which would be discussed at cabinet in July.

The main thrust of the findings were to leave the current arrangements pretty much as they are - but that things like looking at the possibility of freeing up a further potential 300 odd parking spaces were on the cards. The issue of bays had been looked at - but called into question as calculations revealed that marked out bays would actually diminish the available space if people were actually to bother to park effectively and efficiently.

Martin told me that the whole process looks to have been more drawn out than anyone wanted (a view with which I guess the rest of us would heartily concure - but at least that view would be tempered by the recognition that at least some sort of proper consulation had taken place)

We all apreciate that you're continuing to engage where others have chosen not to - but you keep repeating that you can't tell us anything further without saying why. If ther's just a procedural or legal reason, just tell us and we'll stop reading darker reasons into it!!! 

Can you understand why I'm having difficulty understanding what's going on here?

Fairly simple.  Before we were shown the recommendations we were told they were confidential.  A reason was not given.  My guess is that they don't want recommendations to go public before member consultation has taken place.

Offline James

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »
You're right.  I probably am not allowed even to share it on an individual basis.

I've tried to be helpful and to engage where others have not.  It's clearly not what people need so I shall follow the example of the other councillors and keep schtum until SBC is willing to make its statement on the results and/or recommendations (whichever come first).

Are you posting as a councillor, or as a resident who has an interest in the subject, or both?

James

Offline James

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2007, 01:59:26 PM »
I do hope that the proposals are robust, and that measures of success and failure are included somewhere so that we can see what the changes are expected to actually do, and what will trigger some form of review process, if it doesn't work.

Nothing worse than a change made with no idea what it was supposed to deliver or at what point it could be challenged.

Classic Nu-Labour style spin stuff otherwise.

James

Offline James

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2007, 09:14:36 PM »
Anyone heard anything recently?

James

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2007, 09:45:48 PM »
Nope. De ja vus... though Martin Wiltshire et al refered to the issue in the latest edition of their Focus newsletter. I understand something is due to be said 'soon... And on we wait!

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »
13 months of unremitting bollocks.

Note with interest many tracked vehicles are exempt from some of the excesses of our betters, some cracking T72's on eBay, some older stuff, but the maintenance has to be a bugger.

I also listen with interest, I am expecting some dimensional shift in space/time solution, you know leave the motor in a 5th dimension overnight, something to justify 13 months certainly.

I suspect it is going to be crashingly inept and inconvenient and generally poorly thought out and they are just trying to find someone mug enough to wheel it out.

Cynic that I am.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline daryy

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 02:51:18 AM »
YES and very good it was too- thanks  :spin:
We offer original *Link Removed*! Find best prices for Mercedes Benz parts by browsing our comp