Author Topic: Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...  (Read 26548 times)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Re: Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 08:06:39 PM »
I may be short but I can see through most people .......

???  What a very strange comment.

As opposed to seeing over or around !

I get the 'seeing through' bit, I'm just not sure what your height has to do with it.

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
Might need to nip out for more popcorn  :popcorn:

Nahh..

Kecl-for-consort has dealt with this.

I did tell you to be careful Mr Wood.
It is as a labour voting cynic that I assure you Karen-Leakey-for-Queen is A Good Thing.
I cannot, but cannot fathom why you fired this shot.
She is A Good Thing.

As I said I have not met Karen and have spoken positively of her from what I know of her and what contact I have had.

My 'shot' was based purely on her comments here.

You, however, I have met.  And I assume you know Karen.  I was charmed by your integrity and shall accept your word that she is a good thing.  So I shall leave it there, unless of course Karen or Kevin post something for me to comment on.

Offline DaveWood

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »
Shame about the predjudice and accusations of dishonesty thrown in along the way, all quite nice apart from that.

Would you like to justify these comments ?

Further, has Dale Heenan not contacted you and your fellow Liberals to try and fix up a meeting to go through the responses ?

Re: the comments.  As above I am letting sleeping dogs lie.  Though if it flares up, in relation to this post, you will see my further comments.

Dale and I emailed about a meeting some months ago.  I suggested he just name the date and I would ensure I was there.  Then he emailed about a month ago to say nothing would happen until after the elections.

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2007, 09:15:37 PM »

You, however, I have met.   I was charmed by your integrity

Ditto right back at you.

And I assume you know Karen.   and shall accept your word that she is a good thing.

A bit of selective quoting here ( that and a touch of irony... all in election week ..)

Yes and thank you.

Over out and Wilko,Jimmy, Bridget

Offline DaveWood

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2007, 10:17:56 PM »

You, however, I have met.   I was charmed by your integrity

Ditto right back at you.

And I assume you know Karen.   and shall accept your word that she is a good thing.

A bit of selective quoting here ( that and a touch of irony... all in election week ..)

Yes and thank you.

Over out and Wilko,Jimmy, Bridget

You are too kind.  But thank you.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2007, 10:16:21 AM »
Then he emailed about a month ago to say nothing would happen until after the elections.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT.  :-\

... rather akin to introducing fortnightly wheelie bin collections in the winter so no one notices the stench of decay until its a done deal...?

I do hope not, but residents in parking zones a full year on from the last debacle would do well to mark the decision to do nothing (not even go through the responses to the survey!) until after the election. Maybe that doesn't bode well. If they thought they had some positivie things to offer, you could bet your bottom dollar that they'd be being used as part of candidates local campaigns. Ho hum, looks like the waiting game carries on.

Why won't someone show some cajones and commit to a date? After all, our money is used to fund the scheme and the salaries of the officious parking drones, our money goes into the resulting fines, our money was used to fund the survey: Dear employees of the council (and us!) - please give us a date by which the survey resposes will be shared!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline ZPW

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 08:45:27 PM »
Here we are, the day after the election.

Wait for the update............

Offline Dale Heenan

• Covingham and Nythe Intouch
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 08:48:21 PM »
Well the elections are now over... and I have to say I have after seeing the liberal leaflet, I thought it summed up a very negative campaign that didn't offer any suggestion or hint of what solutions they had in mind or what they would do. Looking at the results it didn't actually make any difference, probably because there was no suggestion or hint of what kind of solution they proposed.

It's worth noting that Dave's colleagues didn't want the date of the first meeting and that the 2nd was delayed firstly because the officer involved had to go to a funeral that day and secondly it was getting close to the elections (and after the libdem election leaflet we can guess what would have happened), there also wasn't a single alternative date suggested. A date has been set and has been in the officers and directors diaries for the last 3 weeks and is being progressed next week. In addition a comprehensive report is being prepared for the cabinet on Residents parking.

One thing that hasn't been reported yet is last Tuesday's Planning Committee and the outline application on the Destiny & Desire site for 42 Apartments with 20 spaces.... an obvious issue given the government legislation which hamstrungs us. Just one opposition cllr turned up to the meeting (not a libdem) and what do you think happens?  For the first time, the Committee make it's a requirement of granting that a legal agreement is signed removing any eligibility in the future to RP permits, and those 20 spaces are allocated to specific properties in the development instead of a free for all.

Offline Dale Heenan

• Covingham and Nythe Intouch
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
Here we are, the day after the election.

Wait for the update............
Was already typing when you posted!  O0

Offline DaveWood

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 03:30:55 PM »
Well the elections are now over... and I have to say I have after seeing the liberal leaflet, I thought it summed up a very negative campaign that didn't offer any suggestion or hint of what solutions they had in mind or what they would do. Looking at the results it didn't actually make any difference, probably because there was no suggestion or hint of what kind of solution they proposed.

The leaflet reported and supported the residents' decisions.  Unconventional though it is to see a leaflet in the election period that reports facts without promising the earth I don't see it as a bad thing.

It's worth noting that Dave's colleagues didn't want the date of the first meeting and that the 2nd was delayed firstly because the officer involved had to go to a funeral that day and secondly it was getting close to the elections (and after the libdem election leaflet we can guess what would have happened), there also wasn't a single alternative date suggested. A date has been set and has been in the officers and directors diaries for the last 3 weeks and is being progressed next week. In addition a comprehensive report is being prepared for the cabinet on Residents parking.

You had the hard job of juggling everyone's diaries, in particular the 6 cllrs in wards most involved.  On behalf of 3 of us I asked you to organise the meeting for any time, any day and I would make sure we were there.
There's no getting away from the feet dragging of the past, all we can hope for is more action in the present.

One thing that hasn't been reported yet is last Tuesday's Planning Committee and the outline application on the Destiny & Desire site for 42 Apartments with 20 spaces.... an obvious issue given the government legislation which hamstrungs us. Just one opposition cllr turned up to the meeting (not a libdem) and what do you think happens?  For the first time, the Committee make it's a requirement of granting that a legal agreement is signed removing any eligibility in the future to RP permits, and those 20 spaces are allocated to specific properties in the development instead of a free for all.

I gathered from the report that the development was outside any RP zone?

and those 20 spaces are allocated to specific properties in the development instead of a free for all.

And no doubt none of them were allocated to the affordable housing element?

Offline James

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2007, 08:25:20 PM »
Interesing as all this is I'd STILL like to find out about the actual survey please!

Thankyou

James

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2007, 01:05:48 AM »
Ditto that Jim!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline James

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 11:54:34 PM »
Bump!!

James

Offline ZPW

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 06:30:12 AM »
Bump!!

James

You've been placed in a lead lined box... honestly; no.one can hear you.

THEY DON'T LIKE YOU
( there: it's said )

Offline Petronius Arbiter

• Courtier of Nero, satirical author
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:19 AM »
The leaflet reported and supported the residents' decisions.  Unconventional though it is to see a leaflet in the election period that reports facts without promising the earth I don't see it as a bad thing.

This would be a first for a Lib Dem leaflet! O0
The man who first coined the phrase: . we bolted incontinently, or as we say to day !!!

Offline James

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »
The leaflet reported and supported the residents' decisions.
Could someone summarise it (the leaflet) on here, or is it available on a LibDem website...?

I am deeply suspiscious of the "reported and supported" bit, as I don't see how the residents could have agreed. We have very different issues facing us, even within 200 yards of Eastcott Hill.

James

THEY DON'T LIKE YOU
:'(

They don't like each other either judging from the other threads...!
You've made me feel like one of them.

shorty

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »
And no doubt none of them were allocated to the affordable housing element?

Why don't you ask the Lib Dem Member of the planning committee who presumably was involved in the decision making process ?

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
Arbiter and Shorty - nice attempts at stearing this thread away onto what for the two of you are obviously more comfortable lines - ie bashing the Lib Dems. The fact remains that the RP policy change (not to mention the original planning policy decision which allowed the development) was done at a time when there were only three Lib Dems councillors in the whole of SBC. Given that they have listened to and publicised the concerns of local residents regarding this issue - it's a bit rich trying to propose that it was their fault.

Shall we concentrate on the topic of the thread - which is the mystical, near mythical parking survey - something which despite numerous enquiries still has to be revealed...?

Offline James

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »
Should this thread be moved to Area 51?
The survey results seems to have disappeared without trace in the "Eastcott Triangle"....

James

Offline HeidiT

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2007, 09:12:52 PM »
 ;D  :2funny:  ;D

Hehehehehehe - Good idea James.