Author Topic: Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...  (Read 26229 times)

Offline Dale Heenan

• Covingham and Nythe Intouch
Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:16:32 PM »
Hello all, first post of 2007.

I've seen on the other thread that Alligator received his survey just after Christmas and sent it back. For those on here who live in an RP zone, have you received it and have you sent yours back in yet?

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
Re: Over 200 responses so far to RP Survey...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:50:27 PM »
YES and very good it was too- thanks Dale!

Peach

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »
Yes and yes.  Although it didn't really go anyway to address what I perceive to be the main problem in my area - that is as the permits become more expensive and restrictive, more and more people are choosing to block the alleys and back lanes - where the police are too busy to do anything about and the wardens are powerless to issue tickets.. By all means have a tow away zone, but it'll be useless if people can continue to park in the back lanes.

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 09:29:37 PM »
Yes and yes.  Although it didn't really go anyway to address what I perceive to be the main problem in my area - that is as the permits become more expensive and restrictive, more and more people are choosing to block the alleys and back lanes - where the police are too busy to do anything about and the wardens are powerless to issue tickets.. By all means have a tow away zone, but it'll be useless if people can continue to park in the back lanes.

A`few dog poohs placed by the driver's door will probably do the trick.
You may need to repeat the action a few times, but it always works.

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »

I've seen on the other thread that Alligator received his survey just after Christmas and sent it back. For those on here who live in an RP zone, have you received it and have you sent yours back in yet?

Hi Dale,

Any news on this? 

Was there a good response to the survey? 
Got any titbits on the prevailing views? 
Did ZPW's 'abolish the scheme' view get a significant following?
What happens next?

Offline ZPW

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 07:15:06 PM »

Hi Dale,

Any news on this? 

Was there a good response to the survey? 
Got any titbits on the prevailing views? 
Did ZPW's 'abolish the scheme' view get a significant following?
What happens next?

Thinks...
I believe your question is rhetorical.
Of course my perfectly wise suggestion has a subterranean following.
All the 201 people that completed this survey ( and perhaps some math could be applied here: how much time and money has been spent soliciting and discounting the views of these 201 people?) live on a street that built before cars were current and now spend hours and hours and hours working out how to park the three cars they have per house on skinny streets.
The 201 are not interested in abolishing permits.
sthey want underground parking lots and tax-payers expense.

They probably park their excess cars at the station and enjoy ALW musikuls

Offline James

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
Seems to be taking a while to get any answers.....

Maybe they have had a few more responces.
Maybe they announced it somewhere else.
Anyone?

James

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 03:20:09 AM »
Seems to be taking a while to get any answers.....

Maybe they have had a few more responces.
Maybe they announced it somewhere else.
Anyone?

James

The results have been circulated internally.  I've no idea why they haven't been announced properly.

There was meant to be a meeting to discuss the results and the way forward.  It was put off and put off.  My understanding now is that nothing will happen until after the election  ::)

Offline James

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »
Could someone get the results posted here please.
It would be interesting to see them before I have to vote....

Cheers,

James

Offline Alligator

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »
There was meant to be a meeting to discuss the results and the way forward.  It was put off and put off.  My understanding now is that nothing will happen until after the election  ::)

That would make sense as we all know that the parking issues have gone away   :idiot2:

I second James's request in the post above.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »
Thirded!

We've waited long enough now - unless of course we can conclude that the results expose issues which would create 'unpleasantness' before the elections?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline James

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »
Anyone out there with access to this information?
Can't possibly be a secret.

James

Offline ZPW

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »
Whew! back from my jolly jaunts. Glad to see I've missed nothing on the are pea front.

Anyone out there with access to this information?

Inevitably

Can't possibly be a secret.

Seems like it is.

Offline Alligator

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »
I just had a leaflet through my letterbox from Steven Pipe, the LD candidate in Central.

He offers some insight into the responses from the 'hundreds of residents in the Westcott area'

In summary these are:

66% said remove double yellow lines

50% free car parking in council car parks

64% said 1st permits should be issued at a lower price

71% said new developments should have capped on street parking

most of the Wescot area residents disagree with an area wide cap and waiting list system

73% wanted bay parking

most Wescott area residents disagreed with parking meters

Wescott area residents are split on the council towing vehicles

62% said they should be able to park in limited waiting bays

71% said there should be a refund for part used visitor permit books

72% said we should continue to have visitor permit books

Most said that maintaining back way access and encouraging use of garages should be a priority

57% of Westcott residents say the parking scheme should remian in place, but with much needed modifications

I'm not sure wat constitutes the 'Westcott area', this isn't covered in the leaflet.  Also the number of 'hundreds' of responses suggests that the responses may have been higher than the title of this thread suggests.   :-\

Don;t know people in other parts of ld Town and Central said, but this may give a taster.

karen leakey

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »
A similar leaflet was delivered to the Broadgreen area, with different percentages. As with the Westcott area, apparently hundreds of Broadgreen residents replied.

This information was circulated to members only and I believe is going to Cabinet in June.  Members are sitting Councillor's and as  far as I know Steven Pipe like myself is not a Councillor (and lives along way from the Central Area). 

On 17th April Cllr. Dave Wood stated on Talkswindon:
The results have been circulated internally.  I've no idea why they haven't been announced properly.

There was meant to be a meeting to discuss the results and the way forward.  It was put off and put off.  My understanding now is that nothing will happen until after the election.

As a resident I would be interested to learn of the parking initiatives the Lib Dems have.  And also I would be interested to learn of the Youth plans that the Lib Dems have put out on their previous leaflet.  I have worked with the young people of Broadgreen since last September and helped them with a bid to Youth Bank - I now am a Voluntary worker with the youth group in Broadgreen - and we have heard nothing from Steve Pipe or the LibDems - no ideas - no help - oh yeah empty promises, alas in  the Central Ward we are so used to those.

I am not politically motivated - my strong point is community based.  After meeting people from across the Ward - every one is fed up with the nasty games that are played around election time. I have knocked on many doors in Central and so many people are not interested what so ever in the council elections, it is unbelievable.

If people are prepared to talk, the general  feeling is apathy, no councillors have bothered to work for the ward before, they all make their promises then disappear when they get in. There's no answer to that, I know exactly how they feel.

My motto is actions speak louder than words and one that is very apt and used by the Streets for Living project-
"We never let those who said it couldn't be done ~ stand in our way whilst we were doing it!"

Offline ZPW

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 06:26:35 PM »
Oh.
another tory ( note small tee) on the forum.
Even though Karen-Leakey-for-queen is not a proper straight up Tory.... another fiver to SMASH on its way.

Offline Alligator

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
This information was circulated to members only and I believe is going to Cabinet in June.  Members are sitting Councillor's and as  far as I know Steven Pipe like myself is not a Councillor (and lives along way from the Central Area). 

This is interesteing when you notice that Steven Pipe actually makes the following comment about Michael Dickinson (I paraphrase)
Tories never get elected here

They only end up with councillors because they persuade other councillors to defect to them!.....The Tory that is up for election has ben shipped to the 'Tory' West Swindon, miles from Central and miles from where he lives.

Sounds like double standards to me as Steven lives in Hamstead Way, which I believe is somewhere in the depths of North Swindon.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 07:16:29 PM »
I am not politically motivated

Careful Karen - a cynic might ask why are you making what appears to be a very clearly motivated political comment about your work with youth teams and why are you having a pop at the Lib Dems regarding their 'youth plans'? (nothing to do with this thread!)

;)
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline ZPW

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »
I am not politically motivated

Careful Karen - a cynic might ask why are you making what appears to be a very clearly motivated political comment about your work with youth teams and why are you having a pop at the Lib Dems regarding their 'youth plans'? (nothing to do with this thread!)

;)

Let it be known if it's not already that I am not a Tory voter.
Regardless, I think Karen-Leakey-for-queen means that she holds the views stated as a Person not a candidate

Offline Alligator

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 09:36:15 PM »
Upon reflection on this, I would like to be able to say that I admire the LDs for releasing the figures now, before the election, as this is what we've been asking for.  But it's a shame that they've done it this way.

As it stands we have party political statements based on figures that we can't disect or challenge or even be sure we understand, as I said before, I don't know what streets make up 'Westcott', their use of the word 'hundreds' seems to conflict with the previous statement from Dale on the number of responses across th whole town.

This is another example of poor elecion planning that will come back and bite someone.

Were there really hundreds of responses from Wescott AND from Broadgreen AND from anywhere else?

It al seems too convenient to me that one party has taken this issue, which is possibly a No1 priority for some areas, and do a half baked release f the figures and findings. 

In short it doesn't realy help anyone and a controlled and full release of the results would have been beter all round.