Author Topic: Baghdad Police to Face Financial Penalty  (Read 773 times)

Offline metro1

• "Hope is not a strategy"
Baghdad Police to Face Financial Penalty
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:07:59 PM »
Just when you think it can't get any worse some Americano's declare that if the civil authorities don't sort out the problems with sectarian violence then the Iraqi government should be penalised. This new "peace rate" will no doubt be worked out on how many less deaths there will be from now on. (I am not trying to laugh here), but the Baker report says:

?If the Iraqi government does not make substantial progress toward the achievement of milestones on national reconciliation, security, and governance, the US should reduce its political, military or economic support? for the government.?
Trust the Americanos to come up with this one.. so after that Baker then says:

?no one can guarantee that any course of action in Iraq at this point will stop sectarian warfare, growing violence, or a slide toward chaos?.
Clever gits are saying..

"The only new twist is to call for the US to use threats and disincentives to pressure the Iraqi government to act decisively. Saying that, the ?United States must make it clear to the Iraqi government that the United states could carry out its plans, including planned redeployments, even if the Iraqi government did not implement their planned changes? borders on being irresponsible. It comes far too close to having the US threaten to take its ball and go home if the Iraqi children do not play the game our way."

I personally think it would be irresponsible, to withdraw until there is some stability, so Bush has to have a strategy that is not hope (my tag line) I believe that ?triumph of hope over experience.? will not happen. This is like all wars dirty, despicable and rotten. Bush has to be supported here, what do you all say? The Americanos will not have another "de-camp" like they did in Saigon. Remember the helicopters and then throwing them off the decks as there was so many!

Viva Democracy!!

"WAR is a dirty and rotten business, you want to get done and over with it as soon as possible".