Author Topic: Inteligent Design vs Darwin  (Read 1630 times)

Offline James

Inteligent Design vs Darwin
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:17:19 PM »
Read tis the other day
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6187534.stm

Science teaching materials deemed "not appropriate" by the government should be allowed in class, Education Secretary Alan Johnson has been urged.
Chemistry teacher at Liverpool's Blue Coat School, Nick Cowan, says the packs promoting intelligent design are useful in debating Darwinist evolution.

ID and Creationism keep on coming back, and it does my head in.

Have any of you been touched by his noodly appendage yet?
http://www.venganza.org/ for those who have not...

James

We also need more pirates in the world....

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Inteligent Design vs Darwin
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:22:46 AM »

Hahahahaaa...  :2funny:

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

Offline metro1

• "Hope is not a strategy"
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:53:13 PM »
Intelligent Design. It clever how we all have a DNA strand, different fingerprints and ears to each other. I want to meet whoever did that and ask was it all designed in readiness for the introduction of a National Register in the 21st Century?. Clever eh! :santa_sad:
"WAR is a dirty and rotten business, you want to get done and over with it as soon as possible".

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »
I've put the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins on my gift list.
I am fairly certain that my parents no longer read` my letter to Father Christmas so I'll likely be disapointed in which case I'll order it from one of the two independant bookshops in the whole chainstore blighted region.

A sample of Dawkin's Commandments

1. Enjoy your own sex life ( so long as it damages nobody else) and leave others to enjoy theirs in private whatever their inclinations,which are none of your business.

2.Do not discriminate or oppress on the basis of sex,race or ( as far as possbile) species.

3.Do not round up people for registration on a central database .

4.Do not indoctrinate your children. Teach them how to think for themselves,how to evaluate science,and how to disagree with you.

5. Value the future of things on a timescale longer than your own.

I added one of those.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 12:06:28 AM »
TS will NOT be awarding prizes to those who successfully guess the addition  :santa_afro: (though its included on my personal list of commandments!)
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 08:25:48 AM »
TS will be awarding prizes to those who successfully guess the addition  :santa_afro: (though its included on my personal list of commandments!)

Prize?

Lovely - the correct answer is number 3.

Do not round up people for registration on a central database

I'll take it vicariously.
Send a mushroom brown pash. direct to Ms`Snelgrove.
I have had her coloured and unhappily she can't take grey, mushroom is an acceptable second to grey this Winter.