Author Topic: What happened to the West Swindon car boot sale?  (Read 3892 times)

Offline RJDG14

• Hello !
    • RJDG14 Online
What happened to the West Swindon car boot sale?
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
I often go for a look round the car boot sale at the Link Centre, but for the past two weeks it was not on without explanation. This made me think that perhaps they have stopped running it, so I checked up on the ML Promotions (who ran it) website and found this notice:

"24th JANUARY 2016 WILL BE THE LAST CAR BOOT SALE.
SADLY, AFTER 20+ YEARS, WE ARE CLOSING.
THE LINK WANT THEIR CAR PARK BACK!
MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
WATCH THIS SPACE!"

So what has caused them to stop running it? Did they decide that it was no longer a viable business, had the company/organisation become bankrupt, or has the Link Centre pressured them to give it up, seeing as it is now run by GLL instead of the council? And it said "watch this space". So does anyone have details as to if it will locate elsewhere locally?

Online Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
Re: What happened to the West Swindon car boot sale?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »
I rarely visit car boot sales, but when I do it is usually Blunsdon Stadium as a seller.

Anyone know if this is still going strong or if it has a future after the stadium site is developed?

I find that car boot sales are a good way of recycling unwanted but decent items. It would be a shame if they are dying out, but if they do I will end up giving more of my cast offs to the Prospect shop instead.