Author Topic: stupid stupid STUPID STUPID  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
stupid stupid STUPID STUPID
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:30 PM »
 :bash:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34566518

I've previously blogged about the strategy's controversial plans to create banning orders for extremist groups.

Prime Minister David Cameron wants to go further than create new punitive powers and, like his predecessor Tony Blair, reset the public debate on community cohesion and society's duty in combating all extremism.

The government has already introduced two fundamental changes to how it wants to prevent violent extremism.

Ministers have already cut funding to Muslim groups whom they suspect of harbouring views that are anathema to a liberal open democracy.

Secondly, public bodies including schools and universities are now under a duty to prevent people being drawn into extremism.

Mr Cameron now argues that fighting extremism demands a greater response from society by finding ways to intervene before someone has gone down the road that leads to violence

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'