Author Topic: Pole dancing joint to join strip club opposite 'family-friendly' Regents Circus...?  (Read 8717 times)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
A few seconds on Google:

Khyber Restaurant, 5/6 Victoria Road
http://www.thekhyber.co.uk/contact.php

Offline zoso

• Hello !
Whats your take Zoso?

Haven't the foggiest. But I think the thread probably now needs to be locked or deleted as it's just baseless scare-mongering isn't it?  ???

Offline Tobes

• Regents
The planning application says 'change of use'.

Unless you can tell me that is for Dream Lounge (is it 8-9 Vic Hill?) and that planning have made a mistake and its not change of use relating to an adjacent property (or an extension of the operations of the existing property), I think at least some concern is entirely justified, don't you?  ))))

1. A titty-bar (with associated stories posted previously) is located directly opposite the 'family friendly' Regents

2. Said titty-bar has made a planning application. This can only be to either;
A) extend their operation to a new property on Victoria hill - or
B) extend their operating hours

(either of these will have an impact locally. maybe some people are bothered, maybe some not - but having some clear idea as to whats happening would be a start - and planning info is usually the first port of call)

3. regardless of which of the above options, this thread also serves to show the ambiguity and impenetrability of otherwise apparently simple applications - which once again shows the potential for disengagement between the council, planning and potentially interested local people

The tile of this thread is "Pole dancing joint to join strip club opposite 'family-friendly' Regents Circus...?"

Note the question mark.

There is still ambiguity which you don't seem to have been able to answer either - so I think the title is entirely accurate and fair, don't you?  ???
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
Another 5 seconds searching for 8-9 Victoria Road Swindon on Google gives me:

Dream Lounge
8-9 Victoria Road
Swindon
SN1 3AJ

Could it be such businesses have to now be registered and licensed as such?

Offline Phil Chitty

• The user formerly ph1lc
A search on the council website shows that the application is from the Dream Lounge. They want to extend opening to 6 am.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Well done Phil. Can you post a link?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Phil Chitty

• The user formerly ph1lc
there you go