Author Topic: Redlands Airfield  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Redlands Airfield
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:17 PM »
I agree with both your comments.

But clearly not ALL noise can fairly be regulated against, however SOME people might find it annoying.

Thats why I'm asking the question as to what approaches were made to SBC planning regarding the regulation of the noise at Redlands.

The key factors would seem to me to be

- How loud it was (measurable using a decibel metre)
- How often it occurred, for how long and at what times of the day/evening (eg 24/7, weekdays between 9 and 5, weekends from 8am till 10pm etc)
- How many people within the community were effected or moved to complain

Shutting down or suverely curtailing someone's otherwise legitimate business is a big step and requires proper process.

Was any of this followed up either by the complainants or SBC?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Muggins

Re: Redlands Airfield
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »
Tobes, I don't live anywhere near it, but heard enough from people who did, to know that it was awful.

I'm fairly sure there was discussion on here before about how it was allowed to function, like who gave it permission for the business to function in the first place and who allowed it to continue long after complaints were put in? 

I believe there was discussion on inappropriate activity at inappropriate times of day and low flying? 

Maybe, It's not about closing down a legitimate business, but closing down an illegitimate one?

Anyway, has it just not run out of steam?  i.e. it's not being closed down, just closing down.

I have half an hour to spare, I'll do some surfing!

Took me 5 minutes:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlands_Airfield
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)