Author Topic: Swindon Question Time  (Read 2660 times)

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

Swindon Question Time
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »
I have just had the Wyvern brochure and notice there are two election QuestionTime events on 27th April (Swindon North) and 28th April (Swindon South).

[size=78%]https://swindontheatres.co.uk/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=D965E72B-7512-4F12-A053-7CC8CC0FA7B0[/size]

For info I went to a similar event five years which was interesting especially seeing the childlike behaviour of some of the conservative supporters!

Diary permitting plan to go to Swindon South event and see Buckland v Snelgrove !

Offline Tobes

• Regents
Re: Swindon Question Time
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:40:30 AM »
I might be up for this - though it might well descend into a 'People's Assembly' versus council cabinet members family in a slanging / ideological chanting match... :-\
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Phil Chitty

• The user formerly ph1lc
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
I might be up for this - though it might well descend into a 'People's Assembly' versus council cabinet members family in a slanging / ideological chanting match... :-\

The sort of slanging match might just be the most entertaining part of the evening.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »
Well, if we don't go, we'll never know! 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 03:19:16 PM »
Both sessions involve the Tory, Labour, Green and UKIP candidates. What happened to the Lib-Dems?

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »
... they've only named their candidate in the last few days, so maybe thats why...?  :-\

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »
Whilst our general election candidates are battling it out in a question time style debate, one our local election candidates will be battling it out in a boxing ring:-

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11822088.Dale_all_set_to_pack_a_punch/

I'm not sure that this is the best image for a politician to portray, but it makes a change from kissing babies I suppose.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »
I have three spare tickets for the South Swindon event on the 28th.  Drop me a PM if like these (free) 

If Robert Buckland or any of his cronies are reading this make sure your " rent a mob"  supporters are better behaved than they were last time as it will remind people of the worst aspects of the tories!!

see  http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php/topic,5250.40.html

and also Komadori (is he still around ?) blog

http://blog.komadori.me.uk/page/6

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:54 PM »
Bump!

I have one maybe two (depending on James) tickets for above event please pm if you want one.

Offline Ashley@BBC

• Hello !
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »
Hi All,
Just a quick note to let you know that BBC Wiltshire is hosting an election debate for Swindon South.

It's at the Broad Green Community Centre, Salisbury Street, Swindon on Thursday 30th April. The doors open at 6pm and the debate starts at 6.30pm. The debate will take place in front of an audience.

For the opportunity to attend the debate and ask a question, please email wiltshire@bbc.co.uk and we'll get back to you.

The Candidates taking part are: Robert Buckland, Conservative Anne Snelgrove, Labour Damon Hooton, Liberal Democrat John Short, UKIP Talis Kimberley-Fairbourn, Green

BBC Wiltshire will be recording the discussion for broadcast on the radio station and on-line.

If you decide that you'd just like to turn up to listen, please do!

Many thanks, Ashley Heath BBC