Author Topic: Why Is The Green Wheelie Charge Separate?  (Read 6570 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: Why Is The Green Wheelie Charge Separate?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
Yes, Spunky, if I was an impromptu sort of gal, I'd have a safe arrival of bin party. :hippy: :hippy:
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »
Thought I'd give you an update on the Green Bin. Looking back in previous posts, I can now see why the delay in delivery, it meant that I  got my bin just before the year ending, so it will fall in line with the financial year.

I sais to Mr Muggins that if I was paying £40 for it, for more or less half a year collection, then it was not going out for collection without being full.  the whole of the grape vine came down and half the Pear tree, then we found out you can't put big branches into it, so I still have a pile of wood to get rid of.  I'm enjoying the sculpture effect of the grapevine to might stick that on a pile of bricks in a corner. 

Enough to say that several large plants, have gone the same way. Its made me get out and do a short time gardening every day, so that can only be a good thing. 

I don't really know if it was worth it, maybe I could have got away with paying a friend to take it down the tip? In fact the only thing I couldn't have put on the compost was those big branches I couldn't put in the bin anyway. Maybe its been worth it to get rid of weeds. 

I hate Wood Avens and Sun Spurge.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:56 AM »
Hi Muggins,

Have you considered advertising the wood you have on here or on Freecycle?  Many people with wood burners and open fires may be starting to think about building up a stash of wood for the winter.  The wood from the pear tree may be of more interest, but the smaller pieces may still make good kindling for someone.

There's nothing to lose by posting on Freecycle and seeing if anyone takes up the offer.

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 09:22:20 AM »
Somebody who likes wood turning or has a lathe might be very interested in the pear....!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Muggins

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »
I just realised that I have not seen the pile of Pear for a while, so must have given that to a friend with a wood burner.  We are not allowed to put into the green bin,  branches any thinker than we can cut with loppers, so if they are thicker than a broom stick. I did offer them to a spoon whittling friend they were too small for his requirements.

Nothing gets thrown out in this house if it can be of use to anybody.  Now what do I do with all these Video tapes?

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »
 :argh:

Our green bin wasn't collected last week. The fools at SBC missed the whole street. We left it a few days thinking that they would come back, but no such luck.

When my girlfriend rang the council to point out their mistake, she was told that as she had waited more than two days to report it, they wouldn't come back until the next due date.

What other service provider gets away charging you for a service, failing to deliver it and then refusing to put it right?

This is the reason why I would never have considered buying Wi-Fi from a bunch of incompetents who are so used to providing a bad service that they think it is acceptable.

If I fail to pay my council tax and they take more than two days to notify me, can I claim that they are too late?

:argh: